KGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under the applicable law.
- Patrick Bertagna is a serial entrepreneur, inventor and thought leader in the wearable technology and IoMT industry with 35+ years in creating, building and selling technology and consumer product companies. Since 2002 Mr. Bertagna has been the founder, Chairman and CEO of GTX Corp, a pioneer in the wearable technology and IoMT industry, and the inventor of over a dozen and co-inventor of over 2 dozen GPS, footwear technology and communication protocol patents currently held in the GTX IP portfolio. Mr. Bertagna has been responsible for overseeing all aspects of GTX Corp from its startup vision to product commercialization, funding to go to market strategies, distribution, M&A, military contract negotiations, IP licensing and taking the Company public in 2008 adding corporate governance of a public entity to his responsibilities.
- Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, GTX was the first Wearable Tech company and is best known for its award-winning patented GPS SmartSole® – Think Dr. Scholl’s meets LoJack- the first invisible wearable technology device created to protect those at risk of wandering due to Alzheimer’s, dementia, autism and traumatic brain injury, and now becoming part of the security portfolio for students globally, from K-12 to university students.
- Mr. Bertagna also sits on the SafeAmerica Board and JBF Board which engages in philanthropic initiatives around the world, empowering women and children living in impoverished and underdeveloped communities by enabling food security; promoting access to education and cultural exchanges; assisting in medical aid and disaster relief; while building and promoting peace and a proud member of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
- Mr. Bertagna began his career in 1983, while still attending college, in apparel sales and within 2 years was promoted to national sales manager and had 9 salespeople reporting to him. In 1986 Mr. Bertagna founded his first company importing apparel from Europe with sales shortly exceeding $27 million, selling to U.S. retailers from JC Penny’s to Neiman Marcus. Between 1987 to 1993 Patrick founded several manufacturing and import/export companies for clothing, accessories and footwear conducting business in over 20 countries and was one of the founding partners in a ERP software company which created an apparel information management software application called AIMS, which is still in business today with thousands of customers across the U.S. Mr. Bertagna sold his interest in that software company in 1993 and founded another software company Barcode World, Inc. a supply chain management application company, enabling the accurate tracking of consumer products from design to retail distribution. Within four years the company had over 450 premier branded accounts with a staff of 40 plus in the U.S., Eastern Europe and India. After selling his company in 2002 Mr. Bertagna then combined his two past careers (consumer products and tracking technology) and founded GTX Corp.
- Mr. Bertagna was born in the South of France, grew up in Beverly Hills California, and attended Cal State University Northridge, with a business major and psychology minor. Throughout his career he has conducted business in over 20 countries, lived in several countries, including France, Hungry and Colombia and is fluent in French and Spanish. He has formed alliances with Fortune 500 companies such as IBM, T-Mobile, EE, Verizon, AT&T, Google, Federated Stores, Netscape and GE; and has been a keynote speaker at numerous industry trade shows and conferences and has spoken at the United Nations General Assembly.