KGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under the applicable law.
Dr. Laura Manning Johnson
- Dr. Laura Manning Johnson most recently served at the National War College as the Department of Homeland Security Chair and a Professor of Strategic Studies. She has served as the Security Studies Department Chair and Director of the Executive Assessment and Development Program for the college.
- Prior to that, she helped stand up the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in 2003, served as the Deputy Director for Fusion; Acting Deputy Director of Plans Division; the Chief of the Counterterrorism, CBRNE, & Cyber Branch, and Chief of Department Plans Branch, all in the Office of Operations Coordination and Planning. She served as the first Director of Central Intelligence Representative to the Office of Homeland Security in the George W. Bush White House from 2001 to 2002.
- Before joining DHS, she was an Analyst in the Weapons Intelligence and Non-Proliferation Center and its predecessor the Non-Proliferation Center at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) (1996-2003).
- Dr. Johnson taught for five years as an Assistant Professor at American University and for one year at Long Island University. She has been on the Review Board of Homeland Security Affairs journal since 2009, served on the Board of Directors of the Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA) from 2007 to 2010, and co-chaired INSA’S Domestic Intelligence Council.
- She holds a PhD in Political Science from the University of California, Santa Barbara and Masters/Bachelor degrees in Political Science from Oklahoma State University.
In her free time she enjoys playing golf with her husband Tom Johnson, or playing lawn games with her grown children.