KGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under the applicable law.
- Michael Sanders is the Digital Supervisor for Industrial Light and Magic, a George Lucas company.
- One of the entertainment industry’s leading experts in advanced technologies for realism in computer graphics for films and games.
- Over 17 years experience creating cutting edge imagery in over 60 major motion pictures, helping contribute to $25 Billion in worldwide ticket sales.
- Works with most top directors and every major studio, including such memorable projects as the digital cast in Titanic, many of the effects in the Star Wars prequels, the behind-the-scenes tech that launched Avatar, and the believable characters in Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Nominated for an Academy Award for Scientific Achievement.
- Specializes in creative and technical solutions for extracting and replicating realism pertaining to environments, cameras, lighting, facial and body performance.
- Holds multiple patents awarded and pending in the arenas of human motion analysis and virtual cinematography.
- Recognized by the Producer’s Guild of America as a member of their inaugural Digital 25 list for the most notable contributors to digital story telling.
- Head of the Film Advisory committee for the nonprofit Baykids, on the board of directors for the Motion Capture Society, on the Board of Editors for the ACM Computers in Entertainment.
- Background includes mechanical design, robotics, pyrotechnics, animatronics, computer programming and photography.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo and is recognized as a Distinguished Alumnus.