KGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under the applicable law.
Chief, Training Division
- Daniel Florent brings a wealth of earned knowledge, education and experience to our team. He began his law enforcement career in 1983 as a local police officer. After 13 years, Dan accepted an appointment as a Criminal Investigator with the United States Marshals Service (USMS) and worked numerous NYC assignments within Judicial Protection (COURTSEC), the Special Response Team (SRT), fugitive operations and the Witness Security Program (WITSEC). Dan was responsible for New Hampshire's first sting operation that netted 31 wanted fugitives in one day. He also broke new ground by writing for and appearing as host in a weekly television segment entitled, New Hampshire's Most Wanted which profiled dangerous fugitives.
- After the events of 9/11, Dan transferred over to the Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS). In this capacity, Dan was the Federal Incident Response Coordinator, Supervisor of Diversity/Employee Development, Supervisor of Employee Accountability, Public Affairs Officer and Supervisor of Intelligence for the New England region. He also held an assignment on the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force and was assigned to a counter-terrorism squad of the Boston Division of the FBI. Dan was also selected by the FAMS to be part of a Middle Eastern Deployment Team and was detailed to the US Embassy in Amman, Jordan. In 2009, Dan was named TSA's Director of Law Enforcement for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts where he further performed risk analysis and assessments.
- After his 33-year law enforcement career, Dan continues to present Active Assailant prevention and planning to organizations across the United States. Having provided mitigation strategies to hundreds of individuals, his audience is typically comprised of personnel from hospitals, schools, hotels, retail, Houses of Worship, the commercial sector, private security and local/state governments.
- A dynamic and engaging instructor, Dan is also Adjunct Faculty in the Van Loan School of Graduate and Professional Studies at Endicott College in Beverly, Massachusetts. Dan's specialty is the instruction of strategic issues in homeland security. He has intimate knowledge of the 9/11 Commission Report and has provided presentations on the 9/11 hijackings. Dan walks his audience through the tactics and movements of the hijackers by delivering a powerful and thought-provoking presentation.
- Dan holds a Master of Arts degree from the United States Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California in the field of Security Studies. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice Administration.
- At KGH, Dan is the Chief of the Training Division, responsible for developing and leading KGH training programs in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts. He is responsible for the development of new instructor orientation; running periodic instructor labs; and coordinating the Mobile Preparedness Teams. Dan works to identify and recruit other SMEs to develop and participate in KGH training offerings. As the Chief of the Training Division, he develops and delivers thought leadership on emergency preparedness at conferences and professional associations.