KGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under the applicable law.
Dr. Joshua Sinai
- Dr. Joshua Sinai has more than 30 years’ experience in homeland security and counterterrorism, specializing in analyzing and formulating countermeasures against terrorism, active shooters, and insider threats, including developing training and curriculum programs on these issues.
- Prior to joining Kiernan Group Holdings in April 2016, highlights of Dr. Sinai’s professional career include serving as Director of Analytics & Business Intelligence at Resilient Corporation/CRA, Inc.; serving as Associate Professor for Research at Virginia Tech’s Research Center – Arlington (from 2010 to 2011), where he specialized in developing a diagnostic tool to map radicalization indicators into terrorism, based on a series of case studies; and, from 2006 to 2008, as a program manager on counterterrorism studies at The Analysis Corporation (TAC) (later known as Sotera Defense Solutions). From 2008 to 2010, Dr. Sinai served as Deputy Manager of a TAC team at a U.S. Government counterterrorism operations center.
- In 2003, while working at the ANSER Corporation, Dr. Sinai served as a rotating watch officer on behalf of the Science & Technology Directorate at the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Operations Center. This led to his posting at the S&T Directorate from 2004 to March 2005 as a project manager on the social and behavioral components of terrorism, including assessing the impact of terrorist attacks on society. While at DHS, Dr. Sinai served as one of the department’s representatives at the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy’s (OSTP) interagency working group, which produced a report on the contribution of the social, behavioral, and economic sciences to effective counterterrorism. He also served on the DHS team that developed the solicitation, and evaluated the proposals, to create a new university center on these issues.
- Dr. Sinai has published more than 100 articles and book reviews on terrorism, counterterrorism, active shooter prevention, and identifying & countering insider threats-related topics in academic books, magazines, and newspapers.
- In May 2016, ASIS International published the 2nd edition of his pocket handbook on “Active Shooters – A Handbook on Prevention.”
- He serves as Book Reviews Editor of the online academic journal, “Perspectives on Terrorism” (www.terrorismanalyst.com), for which he also writes the regularly published “Counterterrorism Bookshelf” review column.
- Dr. Sinai’s professional training and certification include completing the Anti-Terrorism Level II Training, U.S. Air Force, Arlington, VA (2001).
- He holds a Ph.D. in Political Science, with a specialization in Comparative Politics and the Middle East, from Columbia University, where he also earned his M.A. degree.